Monday, October 12, 2009

Squash and SNOW

Spaghetti Squash with Homemade Roasted Garlic and Basil Tomato Sauce.
  • Heat oven to 275/300
  • Lightly spray baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. Cut tomatoes in half length-wise and place seed-side up on a backing dish. I roasted 25, but it doesn't matter how many. Add some fresh garlic cloves in the dish and various spices of your choosing. I like Basil.
  • Roast for 4 hours
  • Remove from pan and let cool. (I actually kept mine in the freezer for a few weeks before making sauce)
  • To make sauce place tomatoes and more spices of your choice in a food processor. Ta Da! Heat and serve.
  • Heat over to 375
  • Lightly spray baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. 
  • Peirce Spaghetti Squash skin several times. 
  • Place in baking dish and bake for approx. 1-1 1/2 hrs. 
  • Remove from oven and let cool. 
  • When cooled cut open and use a fork to scrape out "spaghetti". It's really fun to do! 
  • Use just as you would pasta! It's fabulous.
I made this tonight for myself for dinner. It was very tasty, I would def. recommend it! :) Plus it made my tummy happy which is always good.

Now if I could just kick the caffeine habit. I can't help it! I just LoVe coffee!! Plus working with kids is pretty draining so by 10 am I NEED my jump start.
Side note, can you believe it seriously SNOWED today?! Come on, it's not even my birthday yet! (ahem...that would be the 23rd! :)) I woke up unusually late for my day off, opened my window and there it was, that disgusting white stuff. First I though I would have a little fun, so I made some coffee and got a warm blanket and listened to the Elf soundtrack as I watched it fall. Then I snapped back to reality and realized it's only Oct. 12th and I despise winter! So why do I live here? That my friend is the never ending question. 

No comments: