Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I &hearts, the grill!

I love the grill. For the first time in my life I grilled out last night. I have always had a secret fear of the grill. The thought of open flames and the huge tank of propane has always made me a little leery of it! I love, love, love grilled veggies, however, so I put my fear behind me and along with the guidance of How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques, I set out on my mission.

Prepping the veggies was easy, I choose asparagus and corn on the cob. I also grilled chicken stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and basil.

I was super nervous starting the grill. I re-read the instructions on the inside panel again. I could hear the neighbors across the fence, a bunch of women were gathering on the back deck. Oh great! This would be the night to have people over, "here come watch this girl blow up our neighborhood"! I ignored the chattering and started up the grill.

Turns out grilling is easy! My one issue was that I didn't realize how to let the grill heat up, and it took longer than planned. Other than that it was great!

How was the food? Too good! The asparagus didnt even make the plate, so obviously no pictures were taken, haha!

Any good grilling veggies? Send them my way! Yum, yum :)



No comments: